Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Family

When will Boylee not want to be around his parents? I don't know, but it definitely hasn't happened yet. He is very attached to his Dad and Mama (yes, he still calls me Mama, which I love).  He loves to see me at school, and when I volunteered in the classroom a few weeks ago he was quite proud.  I could see that he felt lucky to have his mom in the classroom, and he preened a bit in front of his friends.  He got to do it again today, when I took part in the Family Readers Day.  That is when parents volunteer to read books to the kids, right at the start of the school day.  It happens in all the classrooms, so even the sixth graders get a story time to start their day.  Two other moms and I came to Boylee's room, and all of the kids whose moms were there were quite, quite proud.  Especially when the teacher took our photograph.

No comments: