Wednesday, September 15, 2010

2nd Grade!

Boylee is happy. Mostly because his best pal (Ugh!) is in the same class. I haven't been able to get too much more info out of him, except that they've already done dance, art and PE. Yay! And that the school lunch program is different this year (more flexible) and that he wants to eat it as much as possible. I'm letting him try it three days next week and then we'll see if he still likes it. Last year he begged and begged for it and then got thoroughly sick of it, but that was when you had to commit to the entire month.

And how is the new site? Well, from the outside it seems fine. Inside? I have no idea. Our open house was cancelled because we didn't have our occupancy permit yet, and parents have been thoroughly excluded from the school site. The only thing they want to see of us is our car pulling up to the carpool line in the morning, and pulling away from that line in the afternoon. I will never for the life of me understand this philosophy, the total exclusion of parents at the beginning of the school year. You can't walk your kid to class. You can't meet your kid's teacher. It's total bullshit and I have a major, major bone to pick with the principal. Allegedly she's retiring at the end of this year and that'll be just fine with me. Meanwhile, I have to wait for back to school night to meet Boylee's teacher, see his classroom, and see the rest of this new school site. That's not till the 4th week of school.

No comments: