Tuesday, April 5, 2011

What Happened Was...

First, Boylee didn't want to have a party for his 8th birthday. Instead he wanted to go to Legoland with his best pal. He has told me, over and over again, that this was his plan and he was going to stick to it. He has literally been planning this for about ten months.

Then...he changed his mind, which was fine by me. I'd rather have a crazy hoard of kids over here for two hours than driving two hours (minimum) to Legoland, spending all day there and then having to drive back. Not to mention the cost of the tickets.

But...Dad's work schedule is terrible right now and he's working weekends for the next two months. I hated the idea of him missing his kid's birthday party, so I decided to have the party on a Friday night. That's pretty much unprecedented in the world of birthday parties, at least in our neck of the woods. But we're doing it. And everyone we invited is coming, which means 15 kids. Ack! It's also going to mean pizza and cake and I'm sure a lot of wild nuttiness.

Our theme is Harry Potter and I will post some pictures of the party ideas that Boylee and I have devised...

1 comment:

Mom said...

WOW! You're a brave woman, indeed. Hope all the spells and potions won't spoil while you wait for the rain to clear.