Saturday, May 12, 2012

Summer Camp!

I just got the brochure for this year and wow -- it looks fun!  First, there are all the old activities Boylee remembers from his previous two years:

swimming
boogie-boarding
exploring the island in the middle of the lagoon
canoeing
kayaking
riding bikes in the local state park
tide-pooling
fort-building at a different beach
bird-watching at a local bird observatory
music
dance
baseball
basketball
soccer
archery
tennis
farm visits

And a lot of fabulous new things --
aerial arts -- I think this is trapeze stuff, which Boylee will love
robotics
repainting a local bridge mural
yoga
visits to new farms & gardens

And this year Boylee will be old enough to go on the overnights that do not include parents -- though I don't know if he'll want to go or not.  A big part of it will depend on whether or not he loves his counselors and fellow group-mates.

Thank you, Papa & Noni, for covering Boylee's camp tuition!  It's worth every penny! 

These were Boylee's shorts when he came home from his first day of camp last year -- totally, 100% sand-encrusted.  The sign of a happy day.


And after a kaykaing expedition last year.  I think right after I took this photo he stripped down to his undies and strolled through town to the car, totally un-selfconscious.  I think those days are over, but I enjoyed them while they lasted.




No comments: