Tuesday, June 2, 2009

All School Field Day

Today the entire school -- meaning, the ENTIRE school -- went to a big park for a day of athletic endeavors and school spirit-building. I'll write about it tomorrow, because right now I'm too tired. I'm so tired because I picked exactly the wrong volunteering station. Somehow I thought overseeing the Three Legged Race would be fun. I didn't take into account the idea that for every group of two kids, I would need to kneel down to fasten the two straps on their legs. Then stand up send them on their way, then crouch down to strap up the next group of kids. And then frequently stop and help the ones who'd fallen over. And unstrap the ones who'd fallen over and couldn't get unstrapped, etc. And it was HOT. I actually felt faint at one point.

2 comments:

Nana said...

You needed a Cooltie AND a Coolcap!

julie g. said...

I DID! I DID!