Thursday, May 7, 2009

Another Twist

It turns out that if next Friday's walkout goes forward, the substitutes will not come to the campus, because they're in the union, too. So it'll be our principal, and a few other adults with 210-ish kids. The principal today said it wouldn't be a good education day, and the kids would most likely spend the majority of it watching a movie or TV in the auditorium.

So I guess that answers my question -- I'm not going to send Boylee to school. I don't like the idea of the kindergarteners mushed in with all the big kids for hours and hours.

What I'm thinking is that I should host a long playdate at my house, to try to help out some of the working moms in our class. For them this day is going to be quite difficult. I can't handle a bunch of kids for the whole day, but maybe a few kids for half the day might work.

So much for perfect attendance!

No comments: