Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Clarification

It's not so much the lunch box that I'm looking for -- we have plenty of bags and boxes to use. (Though Boylee's lunch box from last year was basically destroyed by the end of the year.) It's the containers inside that I'm really looking for. We have plenty of small plastic containers, and baggies of course, but I want to make sure his food is stored in something that's clean and healthy for him -- without leaching contaminants. And I don't want to create so much baggie trash over the course of the school year. It's five meals a week for 3/4s of the year...so the trash adds up, and I'm guessing the plastic stuff touching his food adds up. So that's why.

1 comment:

Nana said...

Have you looked at bento boxes? And consider searching at the hardware store and other "non-kitchen" places for things to re-purpose.