Monday, August 24, 2009

R.I.P. Boo

A coyote got him today, in the late morning. A neighbor saw it happen, and managed to scare the coyote enough that it dropped Boo. But it was too late.

We've lived here almost 15 years, and I never worried about coyotes during the day. I guess I should start to now. I feel horrible about Boo, and Boylee was beside himself. He chose to look at the corpse, before we took Boo to the vet's office so they can give him to the crematorium.

At a certain basic level I also feel badly for the coyote. They're only out during the day if they're really hungry. And since it killed Boo, it might as well have eaten him.

2 comments:

laura said...

That is the SADDEST news! So sorry! Poor beautiful Boo! Goodbye, we love you Boo!

Anonymous said...

Laura said it all...
bo