Friday, August 28, 2009

What I Sewed Today

A sewing machine cozy! I have a new set-up in the den -- where I used to only have a desk, now I have a desk and a sewing table. So now I get to leave my sewing machine out all the time. I hope that this will enable me to sew more, since I will no longer have to drag everything in and out of cardboard boxes in my closet. But this is a dusty household, so...voila!

But it was so hot today that I did the entire thing with no ironing. A sewing purist would not approve of the finished product, but my motto is "A Crooked Seam is a Happy Seam." However I will say in my own defense that the lump in the upper right top is not my uneven sewing, it's the large spool of thread on the top of the machine.

2 comments:

Nona said...

Very cute, Ganes. Quite enjoy the wedding/marital/bridal/virgin fabric you've chosen..

julie g. said...

It's cute IKEA fabric!!!!