Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Phew!

We got to the camp meeting place, and right away Boylee saw some counselors he recognized from last year, including his two counselors, who both gave him a big greeting. His favorite, Ellie, said, "I almost didn't recognize you with your short hair!" So that helped a lot. And then another older boy (older, meaning 8 like Boylee, rather than 7 like Boylee's friend Mark) purposely chose to be in the group with Boylee. That's a younger-skewing group, of mostly 6 and 7s, rather than the group of 8 and 9s. Anyway, it all seems like it's going to be good.

Today's activities: Beach all day, including obstacle course, grid game (?), whiffle ball, body painting (I'm sure Boylee won't do this), sandcastles and swimming (I bet Boylee won't do this either; the ocean is cold here).

I'm going to go for a walk later and Boylee made me promise to come by the beach where they'll be. Last year when I did this he basically ignored me and I hope it's the same this year.

No comments: