Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day of School (sorta)

Today was technically the first day of school. But it wasn't a "real" day -- we showed up at the proper time (8:06.  8:06? Why not 8:05? I'm not exactly sure.) and we met Isaac's teacher, Ms. Hoeschen.  We hung out in her classroom for about an hour, while she filled us parents in on the relevant details -- where to drop off our children in the morning, where to pick up in the afternoon, etc. -- and then we left.  So in all it was only about 1 hour. 

And I forgot my camera.  But here's a pic from a few days ago:   
Today's highlight was Isaac's devising a way to remember how to pronounce Ms. Hoeschen's name:  "It rhymes with potion."

Tomorrow is the big challenge.  That's when I actually wave goodbye and walk away as he strolls confidently into the classroom...or sobs uncontrollably.  Or he strides confidently and then I sob uncontrollably.  


2 comments:

laura said...

I love the pics and the current faves! I didn't know he loves Jambas!

Anonymous said...

Great idea! thanks for sharing. Keep up the good work